Have you ever been to a restaurant and fallen in love with one really gorgeous dish? This is that dish for me!
Yesterday I was craving something with wine in it. It was either mushrooms in wine or ice cream with wine. Yesterday being a dry day the craving continued to today. I started looking for different recipes and I could not find the one I was looking for. So, decided to just figure it out. It's not everyday you get to whip up a dish of your own :) All i could remember was that there was garlic in it and had a kind of wine sauce in it.
Decided to go with port wine as it adds the 'Sweet' to the mushrooms.
Well, here goes!
- Heat the pan.
- Add the butter to it, let it melt and simmer.
- chop up the mushrooms
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, saute until it leaves water
- Mince the garlic cloves and add it to the mushrooms
- Add cloves and cinnamon and saute
- Add the wine and saute till all the wine is absorbed.
- Grate the ginger and garnish it.
- The Drunken Mushrooms are ready to serve!
- If you think you need the mushrooms to be spicy you can either garnish with Chilli powder or add green chillies before adding wine.