6th out of the 50 Shades of Summer
About a week and a half ago, we had been to restaurant, where the Lemon curd in the lemon tart was absolutely DELICIOUS! Ever since then I've been want to try and make this at home.
This is the first time I have tried making anything like this and was pleasantly surprised at how amazing the lemon curd turned out to be :)
I have followed the BBC recipe for the Lemon Curd.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, the sugar and the butter cut up into cubes in a double boiler.
- Stir occasionally until the butter melts.
- In the meantime add the eggs and the yolk into a bowl and beat lightly
- Keep stirring as you add the eggs to the lemon mixture.
- Stir occasionally until the mixture thickens and coats the spoon.
- Allow it to cool and store in an air-tight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- A double boiler: Take a large pan of water and set it to boil, take a smaller bowl so that it goes into the pan. The bowl should not be touching the bottom of the pan of water. Add the ingredients into the smaller bowl and stir.
- The entire recipe is done on a double boiler.
- Powder the digestive biscuit and add it into a large bowl
- Melt the butter and add it to the bowl with the powdered biscuit and mix well.
- Add the mixture into a tart mould lined with butter paper.
- Even out the mixture and press down on it so that it forms the crust.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until it sets.
- Take the lemon curd and spread it evenly on the set biscuit crust.
- Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Treat the crust like you would treat butter, remove it from the refrigerator half an hour before it is ready to serve or it tends to be difficult to break. Also if left outside for too long it tends to crumble very easily.
On the plus side it is melt in your mouth tarty sweet deliciousness!
Do let me know if you try it out :) You can either leave a comment here or you could write to me on myfoodchakra[at]gmail.com. Don't forget to follow the blog if you haven't :)