My mum and I love soups! My dad's sweet corn soup is a weekly affair whenever corn is available. So, when my aunt visited a couple of weeks ago she happen to mention the pumpkin soup. I was a little skeptical at first but decided to give it a try anyway. I'm so glad I did and it's super easy to make as well.
Recipe credit: Raji Shriram
- Chop up the pumpkin and cook it. You can cook it with the peel.
- Let the cooked pumpkin cool and blend it into a fine paste and set it aside.
- Take a large pan and add a bit of oil to it.
- When the pan is nice and hot; chop the garlic cloves into small pieces and add to the pan. Saute till it starts to turn brown.
- Add the blended pumpkin to the pan. Be careful when you do as it has a tendency to splatter.
- Bring it to simmer and add the milk to it.
- Garnish with grated ginger and add add pepper and salt for taste and stir well. The delicious pumpkin soup is now ready!
This is one soup you will not regret making!