I had initially soaked the black gram to add them to a salad ( will put out a similar recipe soon ) and I ended up not making the salad and my mum suggested Dal Makhni. So here is the Dal Makhni recipe.
- Soak black gram over night
- Pressure cook the black gram with grated ginger and salt
- Grind 2.5 tomatos, with 1.5 onions and green chillies and keep aside
- Chop the rest of the Tomato and onion finely.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter, add finely chopped onion and tomato.
- Add the ground mixture, add salt, turmeric, coriander, cumin and add the boiled lentils
- Bring it to boil and add milk and stir well.
- Just before removing from the heat add fresh cream mix well and remove from heat and serve with hot chapati or rice.