16th recipe in the 50 shades of summer series.
So, I spent almost all of last week at my cousin's place. The poor thing had surgery and has to stay in bed for 3 weeks. On the last day before I came home I decided to make falooda for them.
My cousins were quite happy with how it came out and I think that is enough proof for this to have it's very own post on the blog. This time I not only raided my aunt's kitchen but took over it completely.
So, my aunt and I have one thing in common, our love for beautiful glassware and china. All the beautiful glassware used in the pictures are all my aunts, which is what made shooting these pictures a lot more fun :)
This is a very basic version of the falooda, it normally contains jelly and sometimes fruits as well.
Basic Strawberry Falooda
- Add warm water to the chia seeds and set it aside. You will watch the chia seeds plump up immediately. Drain the water and set it aside.
- Boil the vermicelli in 1 cup of milk, the vermicelli will usually double in size.
- When done, drain the vermicelli and retain the milk.
- Take a tall glass, add layers chia seeds and the vermicelli, then add milk, then one or two scoops of ice cream.
- I have used a flat bowl just to show the assembling process more clearly. A falooda is normally served in a tall glass.
Do let me know if you try it out :) You can either leave a comment here or you could write to me on myfoodchakra[at]gmail.com. Don't forget to follow the blog if you haven't done it already :)