I think I'm going through a phase where I want to try everything with Chocolate. It's an amazing phase to be in! This is the first time I'm working with so much of chocolate, all at once. It's been a whole lot of chocolate spree!
It all started with I wanted to bake a orange cake with chocolate ganache! But there is a major problem! I don't have an oven at home and some how I didn't want to try the no bake cake, I don't know why but I have always been a little skeptical of the no bake cake recipes ( it's probably because I've never eaten or tried making it). Then I came across a website that said today is Bitter Chocolate and Almond day! All I saw was Chocolate and Almonds! My oh my! This is something I really want to try! The bitter Chocolate is a big no no because I absolutely hate bitter chocolate that's why I never have dark chocolate.
The next question was what form of chocolate and almond? A cake was out of question. The initial idea was to make chocolate covered almonds but I wasn't really sure how to make it. Finally settled for Almond and chocolate in adorable little cups.
- Cut the chocolate and melt it in a double boiler
- Once the chocolate has melted, all the almonds to it and mix well.
- Add the mixture to into the cup moulds and prettify sprinkles.
- Allow it to cool, if you want it to cool faster you could refrigerate it for 10 minutes.
- You can peel off the paper cups and your Almond Chocolate cups and ready to be served or packed and distributed as Diwali / Deepavali sweets :)
Depending on how much almonds or chocolate you want it your cups adjust the measurements accordingly.